Founded in 1973, Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company based in Ventura, California. A certified B Corporation, Patagonia is in business to save our home planet. In a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. The company is recognized internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $104 million in grants and in-kind donations to date.
For our store in Munich, we are looking for an:
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by providing a complete shopping experience for our customers, supporting the Store Manager and being an ambassador of the brand.
- Provide best in class customer service, where the customer is treated with great importance and respect and that all employees know how to provide a great customer service to every customer that walks in the door.
- Talk confidently to the customers about our products, values and history.
- Show passion for the brand to every customer and convey what makes us unique.
- Be an environmental ambassador by leading on environmental initiatives and environmental storytelling, together with the Sales Associates and the environmental team.
- Maintain high merchandising values that reflect the Patagonia image by being creative, educational, inviting, and expressive.
- Inspire employees so that each person contributes to the productivity of the store.
- Be responsible for opening and closing the store and securing all store assets.
- Act as the go-to person for the store team when the Retail Store Manager is absent ensure an update and overview of the store.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Excellent customer service and sales skills.
- Previous retail or related customer service experience.
- Language skills: native in German, fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
- Enthusiasm and knowledge about our products.
- Working knowledge of computers; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to train, delegate and adapt quickly to different situations.
- Be an excellent communicator and have organizational skills.
- Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.