Osprey Europa sucht Marketing Coordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a
Fixed Term Contract based in Munich, Germany.
The role will be home based and ideally be within easy commute of the Company’s Munich showroom. This is a full time position on a fixed term contract to October 2022.
Osprey Europe is an industry leader within the outdoor, travel and lifestyle sectors specifically developing backpacks and gear carrying solutions. The company’s mission is to relentlessly innovate to ease our customers’ journeys and inspire adventure.
Reporting to the Retail Marketing Manager and working closely with the DACH Sales Manager, the purpose of this role is to work closely with our German retail partners in the Outdoor, Travel and Lifestyle industry to activate Osprey’s European and global marketing initiatives relevant to the German market as well as explore new local opportunities.
Primary responsibilities of the role are to:
- Co-develop German Marketing plan with the Retail Marketing Manager and related Marketing Managers
- Plan and execute German retail marketing campaigns that build on European Strategy including digital marketing (i.e. Social Media), in-store activations as well as events
- Work with German retail partners, agents, the DACH Sales Team as well as specialised European in-house marketing teams to create new marketing opportunities across Outdoor and Lifestyle for Germany
- Plan and maximise marketing spend with the Retail Marketing Manager
- Execute marketing campaigns and analyse their results/return-on-investment
- Assist with the organisation of tradeshows/events (B2B & Consumer) and attend key events within as well as outside of Germany i.e. UK and Austria
- Generate and support German B2B Communications to retailers
- Work closely with Osprey’s Digital, Brand Ambassador and PR teams to generate content for social media, B2B news stories and other marketing purposes at retail and for the brand in Germany
- Administrative support
To be successful in your application for Marketing Coordinator (Germany), you should meet the following criteria: –
- A marketing qualification (Bachelor or equivalent)
- Previous experience in a marketing role
- Knowledge of marketing in Germany
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English & German
- Ability to work on own initiative with the capability to draw on commercial understanding
- Digital Marketing experience
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects
- Strong, effective communicator and presenter
- Strong computer software package skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Interest in outdoor activities or travel
The following skills, knowledge and experience would be advantageous for the role but not essential.
- Experience of working in retail marketing within the outdoor (including bike and Snowsports) or premium lifestyle industry
- Visual Merchandising experience
- Experience with B2B Communications
- Experience of working with influencers and brand ambassadors
- Experience of working with creative teams and briefing assets
- Strong German copy writing skills
- Additional language skills, i.e. Italian
The role will require you to be proactive, forward thinking and possess a flexible attitude to work. You will have strong verbal and written skills, a high level of attention to detail and the ability to quickly pick up processes and put them into practice. This would suit an individual who is highly motivated with a passion for marketing and outdoor pursuits.
This role will involve some work outside of office hours to attend events, with occasional travel outside of Germany to the UK, Austria and Italy. Ability and willingness to travel within Europe is essential.
Full product and systems training will be provided upon commencement.