Edelrid sucht Textile Developer
We know that a job pays the bills. But a job could also be fun and have a greater purpose! We are looking for someone enthusiastic, wo is willing to come to work every day not only to pay the bills, but to get engaged with our spirit of creative problem solving. Because at EDELRID it is all about making ideas come to life that enable free movement in a vertical world. Climbing is in our genes whether on rock, ice, trees or industrial structures. For over 150 years we believe in the importance of moving boundaries, staying curious and preserving the beauty of our vertical world. In order to continue along this journey, we are looking for
in our textile development department at our headquarters in Isny im Allgäu/ Germany to start as soon as possible. This job is in our product department and products shape the way we move in the vertical space. We need someone who wants to be a part of this, learn, grow and create – not just having another job.
The person in this position is largely responsible for the construction of prototypes at our facility in Isny and takes care of product design, cost control and material sourcing at a development stage. This concerns all kind of technical products such as harnesses, slings, bags, etc. To give a more detailed understanding of the general tasks, here are a few examples:
- Implementation of new ideas on technical textile products such as climbing harnesses.
- Prototyping of new constructions and optimizing of existing products.
- Documentation of constructions and technical documents.
- Communication with suppliers and our factories in Germany, Czech Republic and Vietnam.
Your skills and general Experience
To fit in our product team, it is essential to have a passion for climbing in any of its variations and to do so on a high personal level. For this specific position it is crucial to constantly think of possible practical solutions for existing usage problems or inefficiencies. You must have a dedication for the beauty of any kind of craft and the technical backgrounds behind it. The better you can prove your enthusiasm for all this, the higher your chances to fit this position. Further skills you would need to meet the technical requirements of this position as well as to fit into our company culture are:
- A proven track record of a high personal climbing level (recreational or industrial).
- Presentable examples of self-made private- or business-related craft works.
- A passion for craft and understanding technical backgrounds.
- Precise and accurate work with high self-imposed standards regarding quality, speed and esthetics.
- Fast thinkers who want and can quickly absorb a broad spectrum of knowledge.
- High sense of responsibility – we develop personal protective equipment that people depend their lives upon.
- Good organizational and co-ordination skills.
- Languages: English fluent in spoken and written, another language is also desirable. (Speaking/learning German has to be a personal midterm target).
- Sound knowledge of Adobe Illustrator & InDesign.
- To feel comfortable in a very dynamic environment.
- The ability to balance ambition and modesty.
- The ability to laugh at yourself.
Your work place
- A great and motivated team of vertical enthusiasts.
- An exciting and challenging work with international relevance.
- A business environment in a healthy and expanding company.
- A performance and experience-oriented remuneration.
- Access to all kind of textile and hardware related machines.
- Good and accessible skiing, climbing and biking opportunities (ski touring possibilities before work, boulder and climbing gym at work, etc.).
- Good Coffee
INTERESTED TO JOIN THE TEAM?
Then please send your application together with your salary expectations, your climbing level and examples of any private or business related work projects to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Try to show us why you could fit the above-mentioned requirements. I am looking forward to hearing from or even seeing you soon.
Elsa Hilgers (Head of textile development)
EDELRID GmbH & Co. KG
Achener Weg 66
88316 Isny im Allgäu
Tel: + 49 7562 981 238
Fax:+ 49 7562 981 100