Edelrid sucht PraktikantIn (m/w/d) für seine Bekleidungsabteilung
We know that a job pays the bills. But a job could also be fun and have a greater purpose! We are looking for someone enthusiastic, wo is willing to come to work every day not only to pay the bills, but to get engaged with our spirit of creative problem solving. Because at EDELRID it is all about making ideas come to life that enable free movement in a vertical world. Climbing is in our genes whether on rock, ice, trees or industrial structures. For over 150 years we believe in the importance of moving boundaries, staying curious and preserving the beauty of our vertical world. In order to continue along this journey, we are looking for an
department at our headquarters in Isny im Allgäu/Germany to start in March.
This job is in our product department and products shape the way we move in the vertical space. We need someone who wants to be a part of this, learn, grow and create – not just having another job.
The Apparel Development Intern will assist staff in implementing and handling the development of apparel collections. Depending on the time of the season, this may include the following tasks:
- Assist in the development of fit. It can also include the pattern making and sewing of samples in the internal sewing room.
- Assist in making and adjusting measurement charts.
- Assist in organizing and performing proto and sample fittings.
- Assist in the preparation of proto and sample comments and documentation of each step of development.
- Assist in the preparation of all technical documents for suppliers in collaboration with Design (BOMS, technical drawings).
- Support the quality management department in incoming goods inspection.
- Assist in the presentation of collections at the annual international sales meeting.
Your skills and general Experience
To fit in our product team, it is desirable to have a passion for climbing in any of its variations. For this specific position it is necessary to study textile or clothing technology. Further skills you would need to meet the technical requirements of this position as well as to fit into our company culture are:
- A passion for craft and understanding technical backgrounds for textiles and apparel.
- Precise and accurate work with high self-imposed standards regarding quality, speed and esthetics.
- The will and the ability to understand and then explain complex technical textile constructions.
- Fast thinkers who want and can quickly absorb a broad spectrum of knowledge.
- Languages: English fluent in spoken and written, another language is also desirable.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Illustrator & InDesign.
- To feel comfortable in a very dynamic environment.
- The ability to balance ambition and modesty.
- The ability to laugh at yourself
Your work place
- A great and motivated team of vertical enthusiasts.
- An exciting and challenging work with international relevance.
- A business environment in a healthy and expanding company.
- A performance and experience-oriented remuneration.
- Access to all kind of textile and hardware related machines.
- Good and accessible skiing, climbing and biking opportunities (ski touring possibilities before work, boulder and climbing gym at work, etc.).
- Good Coffee
Interested to join the team?
Then please send your application and your earliest possible starting date to: email@example.com. Try to show us why you could fit the above-mentioned requirements. I am looking forward to hearing from or even seeing you soon.
Elsa Hilgers (Head of textile development)
EDELRID GmbH & Co. KG
Achener Weg 66
88316 Isny im Allgäu
Tel: + 49 7562 981 238
Fax:+ 49 7562 981 100