Edelrid sucht Hardgood Developer
We know that a job pays the bills. But a job could also be fun and have a greater purpose! We are looking for someone enthusiastic, who is willing to come to work every day not only to pay the bills, but to get engaged with our spirit of creative problem solving. At EDELRID it is all about making ideas come to life that enable free movement in a vertical world. Climbing is in our genes whether on rock, ice, trees or industrial structures. For over 150 years we believe in the importance of moving boundaries, staying curious and preserving the beauty of our vertical world. In order to continue along this journey, we are looking for a
in our product department at our headquarters in Isny im Allgaeu/Germany to start from July on. This job is in our product department and products shape the way we move in the vertical space. We need someone who wants to be a part of this, learn, grow and create – not just having another job.
The Hardgood Developer in our product department is translating ideas to functional prototypes and 3D-Models. To give a more detailed understanding of your general tasks, here are a few examples:
- Implementation of new ideas on technical metal or plastic based PPE products.
- Prototyping of new constructions or functional geometries and optimizing of existing products.
- Documentation of constructions and technical documents.
- Communication with suppliers and our factories in Germany, Italy and Asia.
- Preparing CAD files and manufacturing drawings.
- Accompany the product during the whole production process.
- Working in a close cooperation with other departments like purchase, quality management, service and production.
- Be aware of the requirements of PPE products and EN standards.
Your skills and general experience
As a Hardgood Developer you will work on projects over all our divisions (Sport, Professional, Adventure Parks and Costumer Solutions) creating parts and products with a high focus on usability, function and safety sometimes pushing the limits of current PPE standards. Further skills you would need to meet the technical requirements of this position as well as to fit into our team and company culture are:
- Relevant work experience and presentable examples of self-made private- or business-related craft works.
- Deep understanding and knowledge about technical and partly economic backgrounds of common manufacturing methods for aluminum, steel and polymer plastic parts.
- A passion for climbing in any of its disciplines whether recreational or industrial is desirable.
- High experience with CAD software like Solid Works or similar.
- Knowledge and hands on experience about all kind of metalwork in the workshop.
- Precise and accurate work with high self-imposed standards regarding quality, speed and esthetics.
- Languages: English fluent in spoken and written, another language is also desirable. (Speaking/learning German should be a personal 6 months target).
- To feel comfortable in a very dynamic environment.
- The ability to balance ambition and modesty and to handle direct feedback about your work.
- The ability to laugh at yourself.
Your work place
- A great and motivated team of vertical enthusiasts.
- An exciting and challenging work with international relevance.
- A business environment in a healthy and expanding company.
- A performance and experience-oriented remuneration.
- Access to all kind of textile and hardware related machines.
- Good and accessible skiing, climbing and biking opportunities (ski touring possibilities before work, boulder and climbing gym at work, etc.).
- Good Coffee
Interested to join the team?
Then please send your application together with your salary expectations and examples of any private or business related work projects or experiences to: firstname.lastname@example.org – attention to Christoph Mosmang (Head of Hardgoods Development). In your application take particular care to explain to us why you could fit the above-mentioned requirements.
We are looking forward to hearing from or even seeing you soon.