Edelrid sucht Hardgood Designer
We know that a job pays the bills. But a job could also be fun and have a greater purpose! We are looking for someone passionate about design and 3D modelling, wo is willing to come to work every day not only to pay the bills, but to get engaged with our spirit of creative problem solving. Because at EDELRID it is all about making ideas come to life that enable free movement in a vertical world. Climbing is in our genes whether on rock, ice, trees or industrial structures. For over 150 years we believe in the importance of moving boundaries, staying curious and preserving the beauty of our vertical world. In order to continue along this journey, we are looking for a
in our product department at our headquarters in Isny im Allgaeu/Germany to start from July on. This job is in our product department and products shape the way we move in the vertical space. We need someone who wants to be a part of this, learn, grow and create – not just having another job.
The Hardgood Designer in our product department is working on both the functional and the esthetics of all our metal and plastic parts and products. To give a more detailed understanding of your general tasks, here are a few examples:
- Working on concepts and preparing first design sketches in cooperation with developer
- Optimize parts regarding manufacturing feasibility, function and ergonomic
- Visualize several designs solutions, making renderings, finalize CAD models and take care of technical drawings
- Working in close cooperation with developer during development process
- Taking responsibility for final design of product
Your skills and general experience
As a hardgoods designer you need to continue and further develop the shapes of our products and product ranges over all our divisions (Sport, Professional, Adventure Parks and Costumer Solutions) in terms of usability, function and esthetics in shapes and colors. Further skills you would need to meet the technical requirements of this position as well as to fit into our team and company culture are:
- Relevant work experience and a proven track record of designed user-related products
- Deep understanding and knowledge about technical and partly economic backgrounds of common manufacturing methods for aluminum, steel and polymer plastic parts
- High experience with CAD software Solid Works and Rhino
- Sound knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Precise and accurate work with high self-imposed standards regarding quality, speed and esthetics
- Languages: English fluent in spoken and written, another language is also desirable. (Speaking/learning German should be a personal midterm target)
- To feel comfortable in a very dynamic environment
- The ability to balance ambition and modesty and to handle direct feedback about your work
- The ability to laugh at yourself
Your work place
- A great and motivated team of vertical enthusiasts
- An exciting and challenging work with international relevance
- A business environment in a healthy and expanding company
- A performance and experience-oriented remuneration
- Access to all kind of textile and hardware related machines
- Good and accessible skiing, climbing and biking opportunities (ski touring possibilities before work, boulder and climbing gym at work, etc.)
- Good Coffee
Interested to join the team?
Then please send your application together with your salary expectations and your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org – attention to Christoph Mosmang (Head of Hardgoods Development).
In your application take particular care to explain to us why you could fit the above-mentioned requirements.
We are looking forward to hearing from or even seeing you soon.
EDELRID GmbH & Co. KG
Achener Weg 66
88316 Isny im Allgäu
Tel: + 49 7562 981 238
Fax:+ 49 7562 981 100