Die Oberalp Group sucht eine/n Product Manager Footwear & Backpacks (M/F)
The Oberalp Group is a management driven family business – a house of brands that creates high quality technical mountaineering products. We have 6 own brands Salewa, Dynafit, Pomoca, Wild Country, Evolv and LaMunt. As an exclusive partner of other brands in the sports sector we offer our entire know how in communication, sales and image building.
We are a team of 700 employees in 9 countries worldwide – a group of adventurers and dreamers, mountaineers, looking for their next peak. We are looking for a
for the Dynafit Footwear categories Trail Running and Mountaineering as well as the Backpacks collection for all activities.
Reporting to the Product Director Soft Goods, you are responsible to enhance product positioning and improve product profitability through building seasonal and long-term line plans that are aligned to the Brand strategy. Your main responsibility is to define and implement line plans with all internal and external stakeholders, so that the right product is coming in time with the right quality and price to the market.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Development of seasonal product line/matrix following the brands strategic briefing
- Definition of a detailed product brief (feature, design, functionality, costs and quality) in order to brief the different departments within the Product Division (Design, R&D etc.)
- Preparation of the business plan proposal (product concept, price positioning, target costs, features, sales potential, promotion and communication)
- Analysis and interpretation of sales data through feedbacks and information collected on field
- Understanding of sales, margin, turns, and merchandising requirements of buyers and key accounts, analysis of data from sell-through reports
- Analysis of competitors (product prices, activities) as well as market needs and identification of future trends in close collaboration with the brand
- Regular debriefing of R&D and Design Team and maintenance of intradepartmental relationships with all functional areas
- Owner of the line plan and product brief by permanently monitoring of the product brief with all stakeholders to keep gates and timings
- Collaboration with Marketing to define product communication and provide specific information and content for each product, which is used as base by Marketing to be developed further (text, workbook, website, POS, etc.).
- Presentation of product strategy and explaination of product features during sales meetings and other internal meetings to raise product know how
- Market visits for presentation, relationship building and trend/market research
- Defintion and achievement of targets by monitoring cost of products
- Collaboration with Development and Testing department to optimize process and outcome of lab- and field tests
- Organization and managemenet of focus groups and test teams for field tests
- Schedule and control of the Product Development Process
- Update of the Product Management Tool
- Management of product development calendar and respective meetings
- Check of ongoing development with R&D and supervision of Design team to respect gate milestones
- Preparation of product presentations based on Design, R&D and innovation proposals
- Check and maintenance of workbook content
- Monitoring of sample delivery and supervision of the sample set warehouse in Montebelluna
- Examination, report and track of success and failure
- Degree in Economics/Marketing/Communication or Industrial/Product Design or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the sporting goods sector
- Mountain Experience-Skills (back-country skiing, climbing, hiking, running, mountain biking etc.)
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Very good English skills and Italian or German
- Organizational skills and experience in time and project management
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources. Ability work in a team and independently
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly in a very fast-paced work environment
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented mindset
Workplace: Bolzano, IT
If you are interested to work in a challenging, international and dynamic environment then apply now!