adidas Outdoor und Five Ten sucht VP MARKETING (M/F/D)
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Lead, inspire, and develop a best-in class brand marketing team to implement omni-channel, 360° strategic and innovative marketing plans for Terrex and Five Ten aimed at accelerating our visibility, recognition and leadership in the industry during the next chapter of our growth.
- Inspire, engage and develop the team, influence cross-functional team members and drive our culture of leading from every chair.
- Develop a compelling regional strategic agenda, preserving global brand equity.
- Attract and develop talent, and help team members realize individual potential
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership by actively seeking to develop all team members and promote a culture of embracing all points of view.
- Lead with authenticity and connectivity to all sustainability and outdoor topics
- Create brand demand and drive brand equity globally through the launch of consumer led progressive storytelling and big concepts and platforms.
- Lead with concepts and new narratives to push beyond the expected, challenging the norms of what is possible to bring compelling and emotionally relevant stories underpinned with progressive, sustainable, technical apparel and footwear to our existing and new consumers
- Ensure the development of long-term building blocks required to drive OTG and elevate the adidas brand
- Lead with a challenger mindset, provoke and question everything and drive a team towards building a USP that is born from a deep understanding of how to win the connected, conscious adventurer
- Drive yearly and long-term strategic planning for the outdoor BU brand portfolio and contribute to market share growth
- Own 360-degree strategy across consumer insights, POS/visual merchandising, social, media planning and execution, influencer, CRM/Loyalty, marketing analytics, and education.
- Build strategic marketing plans and calendars supporting hero products and new launches
- Identify new business models and opportunities to build the brands across channels; Connects the dots across multiple data sources to spot emerging trends globally and across key markets
- Develop assortment strategy and translate global frameworks into locally relevant assortment guidelines by channel
- Elevate the Terrex Retail proposition to drive unexpected experiences and partnerships
- Transform and lead through integrating membership roadmaps into all aspects of the consumer journey
- Create the partnership and collaboration strategy for the Terrex and Five Ten brands globally
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Account Strategy, Sales, Product, Creative, Finance, Online) to deliver against the total brand experience across all consumer touchpoints and 360 offline to online integration, as well as contribute to the development of Joint Business Plans for key retailers.
- Deploy a digital-first mindset with capability to drive growth across channels.
- Foster team to develop locally relevant Communications strategy including PR and Influencer Marketing in alignment with the Global strategy
- Lead and develop an always on content strategy
- Partner/develop Marketing programs for Retailer.com sites
- Oversee National, Broadcast, Digital, Outdoor, Promotional, Direct Mail and Coop Advertising.
- Promote a data-driven culture to manage campaign performance
- Activation of integrated SPOMA roadmaps
- Own Brand P&L
- Drive financial discipline by developing internal capabilities in the team for ROI optimization.
- Drive the pricing process for including comprehensive competitive analysis, oversee analysis of category portfolio and SKU productivity
- Leverage internal sales trends, market and consumers trends and develop accurate estimates for future sales by category and key subcategory
- Global General Manager Outdoor
- Market MDs
- Global Sales
- Brand Directors in Markets and Key City Leads
- BU Directors/Category Managers in Markets
- Entrepreneurial mind set – leads business always pushing and innovating to drive growth
- Visionary – has a clear image of what it takes in order to reach full potential and can
powerfully articulate it to all the different stakeholders
- Motivational – inspires and engages by role modelling
- Accountable – takes ownership and responsibility for successes and failures and translates them into learnings
- Dynamic and adaptable – can quickly and effectively assimilate and drive change and/or new initiatives
- Listen, builds teams and can transfer authority and control as required
- Tenacity to move business forward
- Straight talking and willing to open up “missing conversations”
- Personality that can command “Global Presence”
- Delivering Doing It: Substantially redesigns business practices to deliver breakthrough results
- Thinking Big Picture: Changes business-level strategy beyond own area
- Consumer Obsessed: Identifies emerging niches and opportunities for the company
- Live, Show, Coach: Establishes a collaborative culture or enduring partnerships
- Team Leadership: View of individuals, delegation approach, results management
- People Strategy: People judgment, organizational feedback, structural capability building efforts
- Creates the New: Drives organizational momentum for change
- Steer/Drive Commercial Brand Success: Generates new commercial options beyond own area
- Strategic skills to align global & local Brand Campaigns and operations on Functional and Commercial plans and priorities
- Executional excellence in P&L management and driving for business results
- Negotiating, influencing and networking skills to effectively manage interdependencies and the matrix
- Leadership skills in terms of setting a vision, gaining alignment and fostering team spirit
- Cultural sensitivity, facilitating rapport with internal and external team members, customers and stakeholders
- Selection and performance management of brand talents
- Coaching skills to effectively empower, engage and develop team members
- Deep functional knowledge in sales/business development, marketing/brand management with a strong understanding of financials
- Understanding of legal and corporate governance matters to take on the necessary responsibilities
- Understanding of corporate and social responsibility
- Understanding of basic employee relations matters
- Inspire, coach and lead; set framework for performance and growth
- Extensive knowledge of Sport/Style Industry including a vision of future opportunities and challenges
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic minded with strong executional abilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Leading change management
- Excellent English knowledge and fluent in another European language
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent education required
- 10 or more years of experience in general management or in strategic sales/business development or marketing positions (preferably in the branded consumer goods or retail industries)
- At least 7 years leadership of diverse and global teams in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated managerial finance ability (Finance/controlling experience a plus)
- Demonstrated ability in effectively building and leading diverse teams