Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 700 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo.
We are a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation, the world’s largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognised brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
in Garching bei München
As the Media & PR Manager (m/f) EMEA you will oversee all media and public relations activities for Arc’teryx in EMEA and pro-actively develop the content marketing plan for the region. You will actively penetrate both existing and emerging markets by positioning Arc’teryx‘ products and stories in full alignment with the global consumer marketing strategy. You are a skilled communications expert, and your ability to think outside the box will help grow the EMEA market share by increasing brand consideration and improving both internal and external communication.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develop communication programs and guidelines for EMEA in alignment with the global consumer marketing strategy.
- Develop public relations (PR) calendar and programs for the region in alignment with EMEA business goals and marketing leadership.
- Drive EMEA relevant PR for all brand assets: product, athletes, corporate, consumer events, channel and retail marketing programs.
- Create and implement the content marketing plan for EMEA by identifying brand asset-based stories to be leveraged regionally, and globally when required.
- Align and manage all EMEA PR output by managing the EMEA PR agencies.
- Analyse and value the results of the EMEA PR program, using available media monitoring tools.
- Manage the EMEA paid media and PR budgets.
- Create and implement an EMEA paid media plan, working closely with the digital and social team to define relevant digital tactics.
- Coordinate the ad creative and delivery, including translation and ad production.
- Work cross-functionally to support key account advertising programs.
- Develop and coordinate a product seeding strategy to media.
- Plan and coordinate EMEA media events, EMEA tradeshow awards, and press conferences.
- Develop and implement EMEA crisis management protocols with guidance from global HQ.
- Coordinate translations with global HQ and local copywriters.
- Take initiative to coordinate and implement improvements to existing processes; translations, EMEA communications etc.
Required experience, education and/or skills:
- 3+ years’ international experience in marketing and communications, preferably in the outdoor industry
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications or a relevant field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and a second language
- Experienced in generating brand content and leveraging it to social media
- Experience with CSR and crisis management
- Solid organisational skills
- Ability to think outside the box and develop new ideas
- Relevant connections within European outdoor, sports and lifestyle media
- Experience working with PR and media agencies
- Ability to multi-task and constantly prioritise
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to travel internationally
Please apply online or via email at email@example.com.
When making the application please state your salary expectation related to this role.